November is Alcoholics Anonymous Awareness Month.
AA groups in Mid Surrey are welcoming non-alcoholic family, friends, co-workers & professionals to attend our open meetings.
We hope to raise awareness of AA and the help it provides to people who have a problem with alcohol.
Every week, all year round, there are 70 AA meetings in Mid Surrey.
Some of these regularly welcome visitors, so November is not your only opportunity to visit us if you are interested to observe an AA meeting. However, in November many of our groups are making a special effort to welcome visitors who wish to observe an AA meeting.
One of our groups, the Guildford Monday Big Book, is holding their awareness meeting at the Royal Surrey Hospital for one night only. Others will have extra tea and cake available! Another, Dorking Monday will invite an Alanon speaker along to further help visitors to understand the help that is available to those affected by alcoholism. You can be assured of a very warm welcome and a smile, and you will be able to sit back and relax and get a glimpse of how AA works.
NOTE to AA GROUPS – If you are holding a special AA Awareness meeting in November, please let Dina know ASAP on firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings open especially to the public during AA Awareness Month
- Aldershot Wednesday – 8-9.30pm at the Royal Garrison Church Hall, Farnborough Road, GU11 1QA. Open meetings every Wednesday of November
- Aldershot Sunday Night Living Sober 8pm at the Royal Garrison Church Hall, Farnborough Road, GU11 1QA. Open meetings every Sunday of November
- Dorking Monday 8-9.30pm Baptist Church, Junction Rd, RH4 3HB. Open meetings every Monday of November. One week there will be a guest Alanon speaker.
- Guildford Monday Big Book Recovery – 8-9.15pm Open meeting on the 26th November at the Room B1, Education Centre, Royal Surrey County Hospital GU2 7XX
- Guildford Monday Night Meditation 8-9pm – United reformed Church, 83 Portsmouth Rd, GU2 4BS. Open meeting on the 12th November
- Guildford Wednesday Night Step 8-9.15pm Christ Church Hall, 23 Waterden road, GU1 2AZ – open meeting on 14th and 21st of November
- Guildford Friday Night Newcomers 7.30-8.40pm. Quaker Meeting House, 3 Ward St, GU1 4LH – open meeting on the 30th November
- Guildford Discussion Group Saturday Evening 7.30-8.45pm Quaker Meeting House, 3 Ward St, GU1 4LH -n open meetings every Saturday of November.
- Weybridge Saturday Morning Discussion Group 11.30am – 1pm Methodist Church, Health Rd/Mayfield Rd, KT13 8TB will hold a special Open meeting on Saturday 3rd November (our meetings are normally all open but extra individuals will also be invited to this one by group members).