We have a team which covers:
- Armed Forces (currently vacant)
The events at which we have covered during my time as Public Information Liason Officer are too many to name but AA organises weekly meetings in prisons and rehabs, goes into schools, NHS events, has done talks for various mental health services and has various presentations planned for the future in the Surrey Area.
Should you want a visit organised by Mid Surrey PI Team then just write to email@example.com and we will organise it for you.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM A VISIT
The visit can be structured around your time-table and a presentation can be as long or short as your business, surgery or team of employees would like it to be.
We tend to send a minimum of one male and one female member of AA. As mentioned above the visit is on a completely voluntary basis but the members are chosen carefully to fit the occasion or institution to which they will present.
A possible format/ structure for a PI event which has worked well in the past has been:
- Brief presentation of what AA is and is not
- A story from a recovering alcoholic or what life was like drinking, how they got sober and what their life is like now (it tends to have improved beyond measure!)
- A question and answer session
- Distribution of literature and lists of where to find meetings for those who feel that they are attracted to the idea of AA.