Latest Coronavirus news – National lockdown
The government has announced a national lockdown. Details can be found on the following link:
National lockdown: Stay at Home – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Physical AA meetings are still allowed provided:
• They are held in a Covid-19 secure venue
• Social distancing protocols are observed
• Track and trace records are kept for a minimum of 21 days
• Regular use of hand sanitizer (especially at entrance and exit points)
• Face coverings are worn (nose and mouth) throughout the meeting, in allareas of the building and including when sharing
There are very few exceptions to the face coverings rules:
• people who cannot put on, wear or remove a face covering because of a physical or mental illness or impairment, or disability
• where putting on, wearing or removing a face covering will cause you severe distress
• if you are speaking to or providing assistance to someone who relies on lip reading, clear sound or facial expressions to communicate
These exceptions apply to the persons who have such difficulties only – not to the rest of the members of the group.
This notice will be updated as regularly as possible.